2023 Joint Symposium on Molten Salts

VISA Infomation

All foreign participants must carry a valid passport, and in many cases a visa also. Since the Japanese visa application system is very strict, anyone who needs a visa should apply early, leaving enough time for processing and any possible corrections. In some cases, it takes a few months to get a visa after submitting an application.

You can find whether you need a visa or not, and how to apply for it, from the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html

Application for visa is made by the applicant him/herself at the Japanese overseas establishments with jurisdiction over the area in which the applicant resides or those with jurisdiction over the country/region of which the applicant’s passport is issued.

We recommend that a participant obtains his/her own tourist visa if possible. If a participant has difficulty in obtaining a tourist visa, please contact official agent of MS12 VISA Support Desk (morohan.Kansai@hotmail.com) after finishing registration and full payment. Please send an email with "VISA Support for MS12" in the subject line and be sure to attach the receipt (PDF file) for your registration fee to the email. You can download the receipt (PDF file) from your Confit account.